A summer warning!!

Have fun and enjoy. stories, humour, comments or whatever, but keep it in good taste, this site is viewed by all ages and religions.

Moderator: Mark Llew

A summer warning!!

Postby Petitbois » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:38 pm

Many thanks for the recent support during my ‘medical emergency’.
I seem to be healing, slowly and steadily.
My injury occurred last week.
I had stopped by Bailey’s IScream in Erin after a rare outing.
At the time there was no one in line, and since it had been a long time since I had ordered a cone there, I forgot all that I had learned over the past decade.
Maskless at the order window, I asked for a ‘small’ pralines & cream, paid and was directed to the pickup window.
Cone in hand I headed for my vehicle. A sharp pain in my right arm- a shortness of breath, an unsteady gait- I fumbled to get into the car as liquid sugar started to drip from the cone.
Seated behind the wheel I flashed on Donald Trump, struggling with both hands to get his glass to his lips. OMG!!
The pralines was delicious, just as I remembered.
But the cone was huge!!!
So big that, though I wolfed it down to ease the strain on my forearms and biceps, I was forced to pop tylenol 500’s and a celebrex the next day!
Somehow I drove home, on a massive sugar high, a buzzing in my ears, my heart racing.
My advice: if you are a Boomer like me, order a baby cone!!
A Small, the size of healthy cabbage, will cause muscle pulls, tendonitis.
I shudder to imagine what level of fitness and strength is needed to handle a Medium or Large!
Physio continues.
Damn you, John Bailey!
The Dragon Whisperer
Petitbois
Forum Moderator

Re: A summer warning!!

Postby John_Bailey » Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:16 pm

Just lucky you weren't on your bike.
John_Bailey
Forum Moderator

Return to Oddz-n-Sodz