Hockey Pool Talk

Have fun and enjoy. stories, humour, comments or whatever, but keep it in good taste, this site is viewed by all ages and religions.

Moderator: Mark Llew

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:55 pm

:D
Yes what a great day. Seems like courses are staying open almost year round. A couple of years ago, I seen them out golfing in January.

Great day for catching up with some of my neglected clean up of flower beds, scores some pretty good points myself!

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:01 pm

:?

Again Mike, I never requested trades, it was our Dictator that mentioned them with a date!
As I said before give us the rules and I will do my best to follow them, just don't keep changing them!

Postby Michael Xanthios » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:03 pm

It looks as though Afinogenov has a shoulder injury.
Last edited by Michael Xanthios on Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Michael Xanthios

Postby Gloria Jones » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:16 pm

As I mentioned before I only went in the hockey pool to get Mike off our backs and don't have the time or inclination to do trades. It doesn't mean I'm against it, I just won't be doing it because of the time involved to research. I must agree with Don and think the rules shouldn't be changing after we started.
Gloria Jones
Forum Moderator

Postby Michael Xanthios » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:18 pm

Redden has a groin injury too.
Last edited by Michael Xanthios on Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Michael Xanthios

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:18 pm

:)
No Mike you did not get my Ire up and I feel I can take a joke. I just have seen what can happen over the last 7 years running this board and others I have been on.
What starts as fun, can soon turn to something else.
I love to have fun and once I get to know someone and have a feel for their level of acceptance, I will still try to stay within the boundries of the rules.
I have seen some supposedly cool headed members up and leave, rather then get in to deep.
I try to monitor things to the best of my ability, and avoid upsetting the cart here. This is a family oriented site and folks seem to like it like that
2.3 million hits and 650,000 individual views in the last 6.5 years.
Don't get me wrong Mike, I love to have fun and will never be a grumpy old guy, (I HOPE!)

Postby Michael Xanthios » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:49 pm

Don, I really don't know what this is all about. It's seems pretty serious from your response. I apologize for calling you a bully or Dun Fondling in jest. It was all in good fun.

Three (out of six) have stood forward to keep the October 4 date and without trades. Fine. If I thought that this would be taken so seriously, I wouldn't have bothered. Have a nice evening. 8)

Mike
Michael Xanthios

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:03 pm

:)
Hey Mike, I have been likely call a lot worse. That does not bother me. I too only want to have fun with the pool and I thank you for putting it together for us, there are at least three of us in it that do not follow hockey very closely (at one time I lived and breath it), so speaking for myself, I like it simple and not too complicated. So the trades not happening is likely good idea, makes it less complicated. Mike do not change, just ease up a little.
Regards,
Don

Postby Michael Xanthios » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:24 pm

Here's the current injury list:

U-pickedcotton: Schneider - groin - day to day
Dun Fondling: Afinogenov - shoulder - day to day
.....................Redden - groin - day to day
.....................Miller - benched goalie
Josephgibbons: Schneider - groin - day to day
.......................Miller - benched goalie
Colbuki: Knuble - broken finger - out indefinitely
Gloria Jones: Bertuzzi - back surgery - out indefinitely
Xantihose Pantyhose: Bertuzzi - back surgery - out indefinitely

It looks like me and the ladies are out of luck in this pool already. Well, I'm rooting for Don to beat that hockey pro Neil. Man, I didn't even research...just picked names. Looks like a bad plan. Good thing you guys are paying me.

Me
Michael Xanthios

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:39 pm

:shock:
No Mike, I hope you and the ladies have a spot for me below you, just in the last few weeks you have had some great days, 21 points one day, both the ladies have had big gains as well.
Bertuzzi/ nor Knuble were anyone's big guns. I have had only 1 point from Redden and two of my big guns are injured. I predict it will tighten up pretty good before season's end.
I wish everyone the best of luck, let's just have fun, to heck with the MILLION DOLLAR TOP PRIZE!
Don

Postby Michael Xanthios » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:10 pm

If you have an interest, check out how bad I'm doing in another pool.

http://www.officepools.com

pool name: rhsshockey

password: habsrule
Michael Xanthios

Postby u-pickedcotton » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:01 am

habsrule + leaf country = death threats :lol:
Neil
u-pickedcotton

Habsrule

Postby Michael Xanthios » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:25 am

It figures that the only Canadian death threats are because of hockey.

Here's a picture of the guy who put the other pool (Habsrule) together.

Last edited by Michael Xanthios on Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Xanthios

Postby u-pickedcotton » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:15 pm

I love that picture
:lol:
Neil
u-pickedcotton

Postby Gloria Jones » Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:19 pm

That is a great picture and I have a friend who is going to get a copy. She is a big time Habs fan.
Gloria Jones
Forum Moderator

LOL

Postby colbuki » Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:26 pm

Ok now that picture is hillarious! I'm going to have to send it to a Hab lover I know too.

sorry I've been missing from the whole kafuffle in the last few days, been pretty busy and haven't had time to chime in. I'm glad you've all worked it out and I'm fine with just leaving as is as you've decided. Truthfully I would have been fine with whatever way y'all decided to go so phew... I didn't have to jump into the pot and it all worked out anyway... and now I don't even have to try to figure out who I want to trade for my broken finger.
oh and for all you folks who think you're going to bury me in the pool....

just you wait Henry Higgins just you wait... you may try and catch my dream team but your guys will be too late.

Mine are lulling your guys into a false sense of security then WHAM we come back with a vengeance....

what... a girl can dream can't she??
colbuki

Postby Michael Xanthios » Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:36 pm

YOU GO GIRL.....da man thinks that they can keep you down, but you are eruptin'!!!!! :twisted:

BUT I'm gonna win!!!! :mrgreen:
Michael Xanthios

Injury Report

Postby Michael Xanthios » Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:37 pm

Injury Report for November 9

U-pickedcotton
Sundin - 6 weeks - elbow

Josephgibbons
Sundin - 6 weeks - elbow
Miller - benched - goalie

Don Fendley
Sundin - 6 weeks - elbow
Afinogenov - day-to-day - shoulder
Miller - benched - goalie

Colbuki
Tanguay - day-to-day - neck
Knuble - out indefinitely - broken finger

Gloria Jones
Bertuzzi - late December - herniated disk
Sundin - 6 weeks - elbow

Xanthios
Bertuzzi - late December - herniated disk
Michael Xanthios

Postby u-pickedcotton » Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:40 pm

Sundin...ouch, 6 weeks
Neil
u-pickedcotton

Postby colbuki » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:04 pm

day to day - neck... OUCH
poor Tanguay!

I figured there'd be some people a smidge disappointed that Sundin is gone. personally he still does nuttin for me so he's not in my pool... frankly I don't know who my biggest loss would be. some day I'll have to figure it out! :lol: I'm still just counting on dumb luck to get me back to the top!

cheers!
colbuki

Postby Michael Xanthios » Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:27 pm

Team..................Total
U-pickedcotton........308
Josephgibbons........303
Don Fendley...........297
Colbuki..................271
Gloria Jones...........269
Xanthios................258
Michael Xanthios

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:02 pm

Hey Mike, the way my guys are joining the injured list, I will likely be joining you fairly soon, unless a miracle takes place!
Don
Kim, I do miss Sundin, he was a pretty steady producer for me.

Postby Michael Xanthios » Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:12 pm

I might still have a chance.

Mike
Michael Xanthios

Postby JosephGibbons » Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:28 am

So I'm in second place. Great. I heard that leaf goalie Raycroft is injured too.

JG
JosephGibbons

Postby Michael Xanthios » Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:36 am

November 10 Standings

Josephgibbons 324
U-pickedcotton 321
Don Fendley 319
Colbuki 289
Gloria Jones 284
Xanthios 273
Michael Xanthios

PreviousNext