Hockey Pool Talk

Have fun and enjoy. stories, humour, comments or whatever, but keep it in good taste, this site is viewed by all ages and religions.

Moderator: Mark Llew

yup

Postby colbuki » Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:08 am

LOL... thank you, thank you very much! I guess my secret system really works!

now let's just see if I can hold on... broken finger doesn't sound good.
Hey Mike do we get to do trades??
colbuki

Bertuzzi is out for 6 weeks

Postby Michael Xanthios » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:09 pm

It turns out that Bertuzzi is out for 6 weeks. If ya' got 'em, you're in trouble. That's me too. Trades? Haven't thought about it. Maybe, a switch between players from their respective groupings every so many weeks. We need to vote on the number of weeks. For now we gotta deal with it.

Mike
Michael Xanthios

Bertuzzi

Postby Gloria Jones » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:08 pm

Oh great, remember I picked all the guys whose name had a 'Z" in it.
Gloria Jones
Forum Moderator

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:28 am

:)
From the look of it, perhaps the NHL should be looking at our ladies as potential coaches in their organization.With the upsurge of women's hockey, it would not surprise me that within the next few years we might just see, women behind the benches or at least filling major roles in team operations

November 2

Postby Michael Xanthios » Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:33 am

Ladies and Gentlemen:

An interesting turn of events has occurred in the GTOL hockey pool. After the results of last night (Nov.2), there is a three-way tie for second place between Gloria Jones, U-pickedcotton and Xanthios with 58 points. First place is still held by the cheating Colbuki with 64 points. All teams currently have one injury while Xanthios has both goaltenders sitting out.

X-ray
Michael Xanthios

Postby colbuki » Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:50 am

First place is still held by the cheating Colbuki with 64 points.

hey.... now you're trying to get me into the ring... Moon Man I'll let you know what colour MY trunks will be!
Yikes, this is not going to be a pretty site!

Did I forget to mention that I am a shark at most games I play? I don't need to know how to play to win... I just need to know you CAN win... :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted:
colbuki

Postby Lisa Copland » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:25 am

Hey - my Sistah doesn't cheat - she's just simply the best at everything she does!

You guys should just roll over and give her the money now!
Lisa Copland

Postby Michael Xanthios » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:29 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Ahhh, hahahaha!!!!!!!!
Michael Xanthios

Colbuki holding the lead at 65 points

Postby Michael Xanthios » Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:32 am

Ladies and Gentlemen:

The results of November 3 have broken the second place tie. Team Xanthios has earned 6 points to take second place, one point behind the first place Colbuki holding the lead at 65 points.

X-ray
Michael Xanthios

Team U-pickedyernose is now at a disappointing third place

Postby Michael Xanthios » Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:48 am

Ladies and Gentlemen:

It was an amazing evening for Team Xanthios who earned 21 points to take the lead convincingly with 85 points. Tied in second place are Team Colbuki and Team Gloria Jones with 80 points each. The once dominating Team U-pickedyernose is now at a disappointing third place with 75 points. It's too bad that the season started on October 27. :lol:

X-ray
Last edited by Michael Xanthios on Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Michael Xanthios

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:52 am

Mike, a poor comment about team Upicked, considering you gave the rules for the pool then changed them mid flight, I believe Neil's picks as were mine were based on how the teams were performing from the start of the season and may have been different if based the trends at that time.
Just the way I feel.
Don

remember we are here for a good time.

Postby Michael Xanthios » Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:09 pm

:lol:
Don wrote:...remember we are here for a good time.

Now,now, Don, it's all in good fun...plus somehow I think Neil can take the ribbing, heck, he probably enjoys it. :lol:

I believe democracy prevailed on that matter with the caviat that the date could be changed at anytime, of course, when it would suit me :P
Michael Xanthios

Quite a reversal of fortunes

Postby Michael Xanthios » Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:05 pm

Teams with games this evening:

Josephgibbons 8 players
Don Fendley 6 players
U-pickedcotton 3 players
Colbuki 2 players
Gloria Jones 0 players
Xanthios 0 players

Standings with Oct. 4 start date:

U-pickedcotton 281
Don Fendley 269
Josephgibbons 267
Colbuki 253
Gloria Jones 242
Xanthios 231

Quite a reversal of fortunes, ladies and gentlemen.

X-ray
Michael Xanthios

Alright, Don

Postby Michael Xanthios » Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:14 pm

Alright, Don, I'll change the start date to Oct.4 until the group shouts for it to be changed back to the day we started the pool Oct.27. Remember, I didn't know that I could set the start date until after we started the pool.

No fun for me and the ladies though. :cry:

Mike
Michael Xanthios

Good luck

Postby Michael Xanthios » Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:21 pm

We all have injuries, so here is a trade opportunity. Look to your player sheet and select up to three trades to be executed on Nov. 7. Private message your new players to me. Good luck.

Mike
Michael Xanthios

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:09 pm

Mike, please do not do things because I say or indicate I think they should. I feel that all the members should have been asked if they wanted the start date changed from how it was originally given. For me it really does not matter, if fact I like being back in the group and hoping to improve. So if the group (as I mentioned earlier wants either the early start or the latter one, I will go with the flow, but I do believe in should be a group decision, not yours or mine or any one individual.
Yes, it is all in fun! :)

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:11 pm

:)
Hi Mike, Neil, Gloria, Kim and JG
I was thinking (I know something new for me), that perhaps a compromise to our pool start date, season started Oct. 4th, pool start on the 27/28th, why not pick a mid point between the two dates to have our pool operate from, say October16th. I have no idea what may transpire in regards to the standings. But, it seems this might be fair to everyone, what do you think folks? Please reply.
Regards,
Don

Postby u-pickedcotton » Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:55 am

OK...I did ask the question at the outset...I really don't care...there are bigger fish to fry...like...why do so many like Domi? :roll:

Neil

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok got to get technical...is the total from the start of the season or from the day our pool officially starts?

Neil...not competitive at all LOL

Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:26 am Post subject: k

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

xanthios

Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:49 am Post subject:

OK....the numbers are from the start of season.....the form is confusing (at least for me at first), so we need 20 names, 3 per row....I'll rig it for me to win anyway...
u-pickedcotton

Postby Gloria Jones » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:51 am

Re Hockey Pool Date - It should be whatever Mike said it was going to be from the beginning. I don't even know what that was to show how much I care. If I had to pay for this pool, then I would have an opinion FOR SURE :!: :!:
Gloria Jones
Forum Moderator

Postby Michael Xanthios » Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:01 pm

You guys just don't get it. This is a dictatorship since I hold the ultimate power and plan to wield it. If we picked players knowing that Oct.27 would be the start date, how different would you have chosen? I think those in the lead (i.e. U-pickedyernose and Dun Fondling) want to preserve their positions and oppose a challenging competition. What sore winners. :x
LOL :lol: Joking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine..........I'll leave the start date. I noticed that Kim, who was once battling for first place, has not chimed in to agree with the bullying group about leaving the October 4 start date. She probably liked the reset date that had us fairly battling for first place, but the wisdom of the group prevails. All I gotta say is that "I'll still beat ya's!!"

Now, what's happening with a trade? Do we want to make a trade? Nov. 7 maybe or do the bullies (Nose and Fondling) want us poor injured teams to be left out of contention making this the most boring pool ever? :mrgreen:
Last edited by Michael Xanthios on Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Xanthios

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:07 pm

Fondling here, I have sent my trades as YOU requested, I like playing by the rules as they are laid out.
Don
I will just call you MIKE!
Boy, I was just reading how another dictator is about to be hanged.

We all have injuries, so here is a trade opportunity. Look to your player sheet and select up to three trades to be executed on Nov. 7. Private message your new players to me. Good luck.

Mike

NEVER BEEN REFERRED TO AS A BULLY BEFORE, YOU LEARN SOMETHING NEW EVERY DAY!

Postby u-pickedcotton » Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:30 pm

Don wrote....NEVER BEEN REFERRED TO AS A BULLY BEFORE, YOU LEARN SOMETHING NEW EVERY DAY!

But you never backed down from a scrap. :lol:
Neil

BTW who's injured...haven't got time to look it up ....too busy being retired...went golfing today...it was beautiful... sunny and cool and I had several pars...and the odd bad hole. :oops:
Neil
u-pickedcotton

Postby Michael Xanthios » Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:46 pm

Dun Fondling wrote:I was just reading how another dictator is about to be hanged.

Sheesh...good thing this is cyber reality where a lynchin' just won't take. :lol:

Don't Fondue wrote:I have sent my trades as YOU requested...

[Xanadu says childishly] Well, maybe I won't make those trades now, so there. I think you have an issue with authority figures namely ME THE DICTATOR. :twisted:
Last edited by Michael Xanthios on Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Xanthios

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:50 pm

No issue with anyone!
Mike, I can live with it if you did decide to forget my trades
Last edited by Guest on Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Michael Xanthios » Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:53 pm

Huh? What are ya' talkin' 'bout?
Last edited by Michael Xanthios on Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Michael Xanthios

PreviousNext

Return to Oddz-n-Sodz