Hockey Pool Talk

Have fun and enjoy. stories, humour, comments or whatever, but keep it in good taste, this site is viewed by all ages and religions.

Moderator: Mark Llew

Here I am

Postby colbuki » Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:38 pm

Stuck in the middle with yous.... K. now I'm going to have to figure out how it works and figure out the riggin. PS Mike when you're trying to rig... you're supposed to make yourself win! although perhaps you're sitting in the bush, we're watching u!!

Thanks!
Kim
figured I'd better put my first name, us folk who have been around awhile just expect that folks know who we are.
I'm Kim Colburne, was Martin, class of'86
cya!
colbuki

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:57 am

:D
Thanks Mike for setting this up, lets have some fun.
Don

u-pickedyournose

Postby Michael Xanthios » Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:30 pm

Here's a question...just a question, so don't get excited...I have figured out that I could have made the start date for whenever I wanted. So I could put the start date at say Oct. 27 when I started the pool. If we did that, there would be no head start for professional hockey folk like u-pickedyournose, sir, and Kim would have a better chance. OK..so here's the question.

Should we change the start date to Oct. 27?

Mike
Michael Xanthios

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:58 pm

As far as I am concerned, we should leave it as is, any of the information used by anyone was available from many sources. Years ago, when I was in pools like this, it was normally the folks that had players in the playoff that won. So big scorers today, may not even be around come playoffs and they may be out golfing. Then there is injuries that may take those guys out as well.
But if the group feels an even start of OCTOBER 27 is better, that is fine by me as well, remember we are here for a good time.
Don

Postby Gloria Jones » Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:28 pm

I'm ok with it as it. Everyone had the chance to check the stats if they so desired. Don't forget Neil is retired and needs the money so he did the research. :wink:
Gloria Jones
Forum Moderator

Postby Michael Xanthios » Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:48 pm

Sure, Sure :D You're not in last place!!! :lol:

A million dollars is a lot of money. 8)

BTW, the season ends April 30 before playoffs.
Michael Xanthios

Postby u-pickedcotton » Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:46 pm

Gloria chimed..."Neil is retired" ....it's known fact that retired people are too busy to do research LOL :lol:

Neil
u-pickedcotton

Postby Lisa Copland » Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:21 am

u-pickedcotton wrote:Gloria chimed..."Neil is retired" ....it's known fact that retired people are too busy to do research LOL :lol:

Neil

I'll vouch for that. Mom says Dad's never home now that he's retired!
Lisa Copland

trash talk

Postby Michael Xanthios » Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:46 pm

Don Fendley wrote:...remember we are here for a good time.

Right! :P So just for fun, and because I can change it back at any time, let's see how things add up if I do change the start date. :lol: :twisted: :lol:

I've left some trash talk in the pool. Figure out how to get it.

Mike
Michael Xanthios

whoo hoooo!

Postby colbuki » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:31 pm

Let's hear it for the bumbling newbies! I am Number 1... not sure how that happened but yeah me!

Mike, I vote to keep the date and options EXACTLY as they are now. In fact if you'd like to close the pool now and declare me the ultimate winner and hockey pool Champion I'd be just fine with that too ! :lol:
colbuki

Postby u-pickedcotton » Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:43 pm

Change the rules...I'll still beat Mikey :P

Neil
u-pickedcotton

Postby Michael Xanthios » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:23 pm

We're tied :mrgreen: for now, but if I make secret trades like getting rid of injured players, nobody will be the wiser. 8)
Michael Xanthios

Postby Michael Xanthios » Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:36 pm

Gloria!!! What's going on?? Those Maple Loafs are kickin' butt and you're winning!! Poor u-pickedyernose is relegated to the ranks of lowly xanthios. Hehehe :lol:
Michael Xanthios

darn

Postby colbuki » Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:43 pm

if only you'd closed the poool yesterday! now I'm third. oh well I'm still ahead of 3 of you fellas anyway. If only you'd had Tucker in the picks list, then I'd be rocking. He's my 2nd favorite player (after Domi who is of course not an option) so I would have picked him for sure.

on wards and upwards I'm sure...
colbuki

Postby Michael Xanthios » Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:47 pm

Domi?? Good fighter...brings spirit to the team...but he's no Wendel Clarke. Wendel was everything...fighter, player, scorer, playmaker, CAPTAIN...sorry, but Domi pales in comparison to Clarkey!!!
Michael Xanthios

Postby colbuki » Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:17 pm

hockey, hockey, hockey... that's all you ever talk about....

Domi is waaaay hotter than Wendel.... :P

Oh WAIT.... I just realized I joined the HOCKEY pool.... I thought it was the HUNKEY pool.
colbuki

Postby Lisa Copland » Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:06 pm

Well, if it was the hunkey pool where the heck are Kurt Browning and Elvis Stojko? They're waaaaaaay hotter than any old scarred and beaten up hockey player.

No punch ups = pretty faces. Oh and did I mention the buns of steel. Don't believe me? Check out any skater's butt - okay guys- you can check out the girl skater's butts - made of steel I tell ya! :wink:
Lisa Copland

Postby Gloria Jones » Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:15 pm

Gloria!!! What's going on?? Those Maple Loafs are kickin' butt and you're winning!! Poor u-pickedyernose is relegated to the ranks of lowly xanthios. Hehehe

I'm soooooooooooo glad I spent all those hours pouring over the stats before picking my team :lol:
Gloria Jones
Forum Moderator

Postby Michael Xanthios » Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:01 pm

I'll bet ya Neil and Don are too! :P
Michael Xanthios

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:54 pm

:?
What about you Mike, you are only a couple of points out! I will admit, reading the stats on MSN was helpful, because I know very few players any more.
Regards,
Don

Postby Michael Xanthios » Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:27 pm

Me too. Like I posted elsewhere, I don't watch, though, because of the pool, I have been paying more attention. :wink:
Michael Xanthios

Knuble from Philadelphia is out indefinitely

Postby Michael Xanthios » Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:49 pm

Ladies and gentlemen:

I looks as if Colbuki has taken the lead in the hockey pool with 38 points while Gloria Jones and U-pickedcotton are in second place with 34 points. Unfortunatley, Colbuki's player Knuble from Philadelphia is out indefinitely with a broken finger which will slow her team's progress. U-pickedcotton and Josephgibbons are the only teams without injuries, so we'll keep a close eye on U-pickedcotton to gain on Colbuki.

X-ray
Michael Xanthios

Postby Michael Xanthios » Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:53 am

Ladies and Gentlemen:

After November 1 results, Colbuki still retains the lead with 51 points. Her team earned 13 points including 2 goals and 2 assists for Brindamour of Carolina, and a goal and two assists for Shanahan of NYR. Following Colbuki's lead is a three way tie for second place between Don Fendley, U-pickedcotton, and Xanthios each with 47 points. The largest point earner was Don Fendley's team with 15 points.

X-ray
Michael Xanthios

Postby Gloria Jones » Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:42 am

How quickly they (I) fall. :cry:
Gloria Jones
Forum Moderator

Postby Lisa Copland » Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:01 am

-cue really bad singing voice-Sistah's are doin' it for themselves!"

You go girl!
Lisa Copland

PreviousNext

Return to Oddz-n-Sodz